Drug manufacturing in Danish hospital pharmacies
- The Hospital Pharmacy, Region Zealand, Roskilde, Denmark
- Correspondence to Inger Bjeldbak-Olesen, The Hospital Pharmacy, Region Zealand, Køgevej 7-13, DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark;
- Received 12 September 2012
- Accepted 14 September 2012
- Published Online First 17 October 2012
Danish hospital pharmacies (known collectively as SAD) have a long tradition of manufacturing drugs for hospitals and some hospital pharmacies still maintain large scale production. Seventy-eight of these products have marketing authorisation. Traditionally, the products are mainly large and small volume parenterals, for example, fluids for infusion or injection, some of which have no alternatives on the Danish market. Since the five Danish regions were established in 2007, the pharmaceutical organisation Amgros has held the marketing authorisations for these SAD products.
The hospital pharmacies also produce many …